Focused on Estate Planning, Probate and more.
I focus my practice exclusively in the areas of elder law, estate planning, estate administration, supplemental needs, planning and residential real estate transactions so I can provide you and your family with a comprehensive strategy for estate planning and asset protection. When making an appointment with Andrew M. Lamkin, you can expect me to:
- Carefully examine your situation and listen to the concerns of you and your family.
- Fully explain the asset protection concepts utilized and how they achieve your goals.
- Personally work on every aspect of your case.
- Work with other advisors to provide you with a complete estate plan.
From drafting wills and trusts, to administering New York estates, applying for Community Medicaid and Institutional, or Nursing Home, Medicaid, I provide the professional representation that my clients need. Probate, estate tax and Medicaid laws are constantly changing. As your attorney, it is my responsibility to make available the most current planning strategies to meet your needs.
Preparing for Your Consultation:
- Copies of deeds to all properties
- Copies of the most recent bank statements or a list of all assets including bank accounts, cds, IRAs, 401ks, bonds and investment accounts
- Copies of Life and Long Term Care Insurance Policies
- For Home Care or Institutional Medicaid application consultations it will be helpful if you also have social security and medicare cards, social security award letters, pension statements, birth certificates and either marriage or divorce certificates.
Asset Protection and Estate Planning with Andrew M. Lamkin, P.C.
- Do you have a last will and testament? If so when was it last updated?
- Have you executed a Power of Attorney or Health Care Proxy to appoint someone to make financial and/or medical decisions for you if you become incapacitated?
- Did you know you may qualify for Medicaid and avoid spending your savings on long-term care?
- Did you know that your estate may be subject to an estate tax?
- Do you own property in multiple states? If so, are you aware that it could take over a year to administer your estate through the probate process?
- Do you have a disabled child or grandchild?
- Do you have a loved one that requires a home health aide or nursing care?
- Are you in a second marriage?
- Are you planning on buying or selling a house?
- Are you looking to learn more about guardianship?