Estate Attorney Assisting Long Island Residents with Retirement Planning
If you are like most, you do not think about an estate plan until you are nearing retirement. However, there are key advantages to hiring an estate lawyer well ahead of time. In fact, when you hire an estate planning attorney decades before retirement, you are setting yourself on the path to a successful retirement, and protecting your loved ones along the way.
Why Choose an Attorney for Retirement Planning?
Retirement planning is more than just financials; there are numerous legal issues to address, too. You must consider the financial and legal issues that will come up when you stop working, and a financial advisor cannot adequately address the legal side of retirement. An estate planning lawyer can help you with the tax issues and legal complications that may arise.
Five Reasons to Hire Your Estate and Retirement Planning Attorney Now
- Setting up social security and disability. Fewer employers are offering employer-sponsored retirement plans, which means that you may depend more on your Social Security benefits for regular monthly income at retirement. Qualifying and collecting on Social Security is highly sophisticated. You must follow the necessary rules, file your requests, and ensure that you qualify. A Long Island estate lawyer can help set you up for success and ensure that a disability does not hold you back from Social Security income.
- You gain insight into common issues that arise post-retirement. One of the biggest benefits to meeting with a NY estate planning attorney before retirement is that an attorney knows what the future will hold (somewhat). He or she understands the potential legal issues that you will encounter – many of which you would not have thought about on your own. Then, an estate planning law firm can help you prepare for them so that your retirement is not full of unexpected surprises or issues.
- An attorney can help you achieve your retirement goals. Do you want to have certain assets in a trust? Do you desire to care for children that you have not even had yet? Your estate and retirement planning attorney can learn about your goals and objectives and create an estate plan that both aligns with those retirement goals, and helps you achieve them.
- Protecting your assets. You have assets, and they are gaining value. Therefore, you need to ensure that if something were to happen, you have a plan in place that ensures loved ones receive those assets. An estate planning attorney can draft an estate plan that protects your assets, and distributes them to those who should receive them.
- Preparing for unexpected health issues. If you were in a car accident tomorrow and you were incapacitated, who would have the power to make medical decisions on your behalf? There is no such thing as too early when it comes to creating a healthcare directive and assigning someone your power of attorney.
Do Not Wait, Meet with an Estate Planning Lawyer Now
Plan well ahead and be more than ready for your retirement by contacting an estate and retirement attorney. The Law Office of Andrew M. Lamkin, P.C. can assist you with your estate planning needs. Schedule a free consultation at 516-605-0625 or request an appointment online now.